National art museum of Republic of BelarusTo book a tour
National Art Museum of Belarus ( the State Art Gallery from 1939 until 1957, the State Art Museum from 1957 to 1993) - the country's largest collection of Belarusian and foreign art. The exhibition, branches and-depositories There are more than 27 thousand pieces, which form twenty different collections and consists of two main museum collection: a collection of national art and a collection of works of art and the countries of the world. January 24, 1939 was - according to the decree of the Council of People's Commissars of the Byelorussian SSR was established in Minsk State Art Gallery. It is located about fifteen halls of the building of the Communist Higher Agricultural School. In addition to departments of painting, sculpture and graphics, the Gallery was organized by special resolution of the Department of the art industry. Pre-war period of the Gallery under the direction of Nicholai Prokopyevich Miholapa (1886-1979) famous Belarusian ceramics artist - an intense form of art collections. For the short term have been collected valuable works of religious art, large funds paintings, drawings and decorative arts. The basis of the collection of paintings Gallery are works of fine art departments of historical museums in Minsk, Vitebsk, Mogilev and Gomel. Several works from their collections presented the Tretyakov Gallery and the Russian Museum, the Museum of Fine Arts. AS Pushkin and the Hermitage. In the collection of the new gallery includes works by famous Russian and Soviet artists. After the reunion in September 1939, the Western Belarus and the Belarusian SSR land to the Picture Gallery received the work from the nationalized estates and castles of Western Belarus, including the collection of the palace Radziwills in Nyasvizh. Collection was replenished rich collection of Slutsk belts, XVIII century French tapestries., Portraiture XVI-XIX centuries. In early 1941, the collection of National Art Gallery of Belorussia already totaled 2 711 works, of which 400 were on display. During the Great Patriotic War were removed valuable paintings, furniture XVIII-XIX centuries., Vases, marble, watches, etc. Collection Art Gallery ceased suschestvovat.Posle war was returned only a small part of the works that were on the eve of the war in exhibitions in Russia (the bust of Prince Rumyantsev-Transdanubian by F. Shubin) found by Soviet troops at the end of the war in the cities of East Prussia (the collection portraits of Nesvizha) and devastated Minsk ("Miner lamp with" N. Kasatkina, "Autumn" Levitan, "Spring Morning" by V. Kudrevich have been abandoned by the Nazis in an unfinished building of the Central Committee of the PBC). After the liberation of Minsk Gallery provided four-room house on the Trade Union Freedom Square. In August 1945, the paintings were purchased by Boris Kustodiev, V. Polenov, K. Briullov and Levitan. State Museum. A.S. Pushkin gave several paintings by Western European masters, the State Russian Museum - three landscapes A. Kuindji landscape A. hierarchy and a formal portrait of the Empress Catherine II. On the former Bishop's Compound in Minsk, where before the war housed Belarusian State Museum, were found miraculously surviving icons - including masterpieces Belarusian icon painting "Nativity of the Virgin" by Peter Evseevich Golynets of 1649, "Paraskeva" and "Ascension» XVI century. In 1946, the funds were already 317 pieces. In November of the following year opened a permanent exhibition away in five halls of the second floor of the House of Trade Unions. Building Art Gallery with ten spacious rooms, located on two floors, and a spacious galleries of the project Mikhail Ivanovich Baklanova was completed in 1957. November 5th presentation of the new exhibition and the grand opening of the exhibition All-Belarusian State Art Museum of the Byelorussian SSR (so became known as the former Art Gallery from July 10, 1957). The museum's collection in a numbered about three thousand works of Russian, Soviet and Belarusian art. In the next two decades, the museum turns into a large museum complex: open several branches of the museum: art gallery district in the near Mozyr Gurin (1978), the Museum of Folk Art in Raubichi (1979), Museum of V.K.Belynichsky-Birulya in Mogilev (1982), architectural complex XVI -XVIII centuries in Golshany (1989), palace and park complex XV-XX centuries in Mir. In the 1980s, actively replenished every collection. Exhibition halls of the first floor are adapted for storage. Since 1985, the design was carried out, and in 1993 began construction of a new building of the museum - an extension to the main building (architect V. Belyankin). In 1989 he transferred to the museum building on Kirov Street 25, which housed the lecture hall, departments and services of the museum. Since 1993, the museum was renamed the National Art Museum of Belarus. Since 1994, it has its own archive, since 1989 - restoration workshops with a large staff of restorers - experts in various fields. Constantly updated technical literature library collections of the museum. In 1999, the order of the President of Belarus passed a nearby five-story building on the street. Lenin, 22. In 2000, a branch was opened in Minsk - Museum "House Vankovichs. Culture and art of the first half of the XIX century. "Collection of pre-revolutionary Russian and Belarusian, Western European, Eastern countries, Soviet, Belarusian art has now more than 30 000 works.
Photo - National art museum of Republic of Belarus
Exposure - National art museum of Republic of Belarus
- Art of the Orient XIV - XX century. presented traditional arts of the Near, Middle, Central, South and South-East Asia, the Caucasus and the Far East: painting and sculpture, miniature paintings and folk art, weaving and metal art, pottery and porcelain, painted and cloisonné enamel, wood carving , bone, stone, painted and carved lacquer.
- European Art XVI - XX century. represented collections of paintings, sculptures, graphics Western XVIII-XIX centuries., vases, glassware, majolica, stored, single interesting examples of European furniture manufaktu
- Belarusian art of XX century represented 11000 works of painting, drawing, sculpture, decorative arts of the XIX - beginning of XXI centuries.
- Russian art of XVIII - XX century collection of more than three and a half million units of painting, sculpture, drawing, arts and crafts.
- Ancient Belorussian art represented collections of the ancient arts and crafts, a collection of sculptures and carving of Ancient icons and sacred paintings, portrait collection.
- Belarusian art of the XIX century represented in the main display at the National Art Museum of Belarus and its subsidiaries - "Museum Vankoviches. Culture and art of the first half of the XIX century" in Minsk and the "Museum of Witold Byalynitsky-Biruli" in Mogilev.
Schedule National art museum of Republic of Belarus
- Administration 11:00 - 19:00
- Cash 11:00 - 18:30
- Exposure 11:00 - 18:30