Belarusian State UniversityTo book a tour
Building of the Belarusian State University erected on Independence Square in 1961 by architect M. Baklanov.
Belarusian State University - the oldest university of the Belarusian capital. It was founded in 1921 year. There are more than 20 faculties.
Complex campus is located in the area between Railway Station Square and Independence Square . This complex includes the main building of the university, the building of administration, several administrative and economic structures, as well as housing several departments (physics, mechanics and mathematics, geography, chemistry, law, high-rise building, School of International Relations). In addition, BSU has a branch - it is a campus that is a ring road around Schemyslitsa, as well as several departments in the city center, located outside the campus.
It not only taught students from Belarus, but also from many countries in Asia, Africa and Europe. The high level of teaching and research in BSU has received international recognition. In 1996, the Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus Belarusian State University granted the status of a leading educational institution in the national education system.
Patio of Belarusian State University is an aesthetic center of BSU. In the postwar years, when the campus is rebuilt, it was decided to create a courtyard analog Botanical Garden , which would be represented by the vegetation of the continent of Eurasia. This idea was implemented, and now you can see all the tiers of Eurasian flora.reveal all text