The Intercession Church in BuhovichiTo book a tour
The Intercession Church in Bukhovychi is located on the north-eastern outskirts of the village. It was built in 1674 (or 1676) of brick and wood monks by Dominicans for spouses Puchalskie, as a church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The church was closed in 1830, in 1832 and handed over to the Orthodox Church and assigned to Garbanskaya Church. The reconstruction of the church in 1862 and 1870 on behalf of the contractor Sidarovsky carried out, in 1877 - architects Bortashevsky and Vvedensky. June 24, 1881 after the next major overhaul temple was consecrated as The Intercession Church.
The monument of Baroque architecture. In 1889 to the rectangular building plan under the roof was attached the bell tower, rebuilt the roof and tower with a dome over the chancel. It has brought into the temple of the baroque architecture features of retrospective Russian style. 3-partial composition of the temple is 3-tiered bell tower (a wooden octagon tent for 2 stone quadrangle), rectangular hall and a low rectangular sacristy. The corners of the temple from the altarnoy part are reinforced by powerful buttresses. Side planar facades rhythmically are dissected with high windows. The interior space has a wooden carved iconostasis (designed in 1877 by architect Baron Kozen). The temple is divided into the prayer hall and the apse in the overall.
It is listed in the list of historical and cultural values of the Republic of Belarus (1874).reveal all text