Obelisk in honor of the victory in 1812 in StrigovoTo book a tour
The obelisk was erected in 1962 in honor of the 150-th anniversary of the victory over Napoleon`s troops.
The obelisk is located in a park. In July 1812 near the villages Gorodechno and Poddubny there was a battle between Russian troops and the Austro-Saxon corps of Napoleon`s army. August 13, 1812 near the village Strigovo 38-th chasseurs regiment of the Russian army repulsed a massive attack of Napoleon`s cavalry. Austro-Saxons suffered heavy losses and were forced to retreat.