A monument on the site of the battle in 1812 in VoronyTo book a tour
A monument on the site of the battle in 1812 installed at the expense of Yamburg Lancers in Vorony village in 1912. It is a obelisk with a cast iron cross on top.
The monument put in honor of the victory of Russian troops over the French in 1812. After a short battle, October 26, 1812 Napoleon's troops set fire to the bridge across the Western Dvina and retreated from Vitebsk. With the help of the citizens, Russian soldiers put out the fire, crossed the river and began to pursue the enemy. In the Vorony village, squad lancers commanded by Colonel Stolypin, joined with the French in the battle, whereby enemies were broken, and 400 soldiers, several officers and General Pouchet were captured.