Church of Nicholas in PetrikovTo book a tour
Church of Nicholas - a monument of architecture of the retrospective Russian-Byzantine style, built in 1839 on the site of the burnt wooden church
. In 1929 the church was closed, and until 1941 was used as a warehouse for flour.
The architecture is elongated along a longitudinal axis of the cross-shaped composition with a 3-apsidnoy chancel. At the entrance to the church - bell tower completed with a dome. The interior - a cross with the relics of the saints of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, the icon of the Savior, the icon of Our Lady in a carved wooden casing, a particle of the relics of St. John of Korma, relics of archbishop Theodosius of Chernigov, the icon of holy martyr Jonah Rylsky (Pashin). The walls inside the temple are decorated with paintings. In the church library are preserved rare books.