Church of the Beheading in SokolovoTo book a tour
Church of the Beheading was built in 1820 as a Catholic chapel, which in 1864 was consecrated an Orthodox church. It is a cultural monument of wooden architecture.
The core of the main volume of the church is a quadrangular, covered hipped roof on the three ramp. Above the altar of - onion dome on an octagonal decorative drum, and to its east wall was attached low sacristy with the same roof. Above the main entrance to the temple is set octagonal tier ringing with tent completion and bulbous head with openwork cross. Outside the church trimmed by vertical planks. In the interior - wooden iconostasis of 1865.