Preobrazhenskaya Church in Novoe PopinaTo book a tour
Preobrazhenskaya Church in Novoe Popina was built of wood on the tool leader of the nobility Pinsk Mikhail Orzeszkov in 1810.
The temple was built on a stone foundation that remained on the site of the old church, next to him built a wooden belfry.
In 1870, in the church of the new iconostasis was built on funds of local parishioners. The main rectangular frame of the church is covered with hip roof. On the east side is a five-sided apse with lateral sacristy and the iconostasis, on the west - a rectangular porch.
In 1962, Preobrazhenskaya Church was closed. The services were not held there until 1989.
Church is a monument of folk architecture.reveal all text