St. George s Church in AlbaTo book a tour
Church of St. George - a monument of wooden architecture. Erected in 1692, according to some sources in 1790, was reconstructed in 1904. Currently, the temple is an asymmetrical 3-temple framework of logs with a high hipped roof and a two-tier belfry. The architecture of the monument was influenced by stone architecture of Belarus XVI-XVII centuries, observed similarities with Gothic-Renaissance defense temples. The interior of the church is the main decoration of the Baroque iconostasis with the king's gate. Icons were painted in the late of twentieth century.
The church is located between the villages Al'ba and Iodchiki, on the tourist trail on the way to Ruzhany.reveal all text