Krestovozdvizhenskaya church in Svyataya VolyaTo book a tour
Krestovozdvizhenskaya church in Svyataya Volya was built in 1994 in the village Svyataya Volya by architect L. Makarevich. The new church was built on the site of the wooden church of the Krestovozdvizhenskaya church in 1922.
Resolution of the Council of Ministers of 14.05.2007, №578 church complex was included in the list of the Republic of Belarus of material historical and cultural values. The church complex has the IIIrd value category. It includes Cross Church and cemetery of the First World War.
The cemetery of the First World War (1915-1918) is located within the church. At the beginning of the XX century in the village Svyataya Volya lived already 600 people. In the First World War through the Svyataya Volya from Ivatsevichy in Telekhany held narrow-gauge railway, built by the Germans for the export of timber. The sawmill was hard at work. In September 1915 in the village Svyataya Volya was the assembly point of the 2nd Brigade of Guards Cavalry Division. The cemetery was restored after World War II.reveal all text