Holy Cross Church of the Ascension in BerezaTo book a tour
Holy Cross Church of the Ascension built in 1865-1867 years on the site of burned down temple. The architectural style can be traced features of classicism. The church was built on 4-conical private carcass composition: bell tower, refectory elongated, cube-shaped prayer hall with side chapels and 5-sided apse with two side sacristies. On a shallow 4-pitched roof of the temple - light 8-sided drum with lukopodobnym faceted dome. On the main facade is dominated by 2-tier belfry with bow like onion dome, temple entrance isolated by 6-columned portico. The walls of the temple are covered with horizontal boards, dissected by windows in carved frames. In the interior - icons of XVII-XIX centuries: «Our Lady», «Cover», «Assumption», «Saints Peter and Paul», «The Life of Christ», «The Virgin and Child with John», «Saint Panteleimon», «The Ascension of Christ», «Athanasius of Brest», «Vilna martyrs Anthony, John and Eustace», «Holidays with spear», «Introduction to the temple of the Holy Virgin».
Holy Cross Church of the Ascension on the list of Belarusian historical and cultural values. reveal all text