Church of St. Nicholas in ZasimovichiTo book a tour
Church of St. Nicholas in Zasimovichi - an architectural monument classicism. The temple was built in 1811 on the southeastern outskirts of the village of brick and rubble. Money on Construction has provided local landowner dace with the participation of neighboring farmers villages.
In architectural terms the church is rectangular volume with triangular apse and gable shingled roof.
In the XIX century the parish church had more than 2 900 people from seven nearby settlements, in charge of the temple including several church schools and public school. During World War II in 1914, the church burned, but also 2 years has been restored, and in 1925 underwent a major renovation. In May 1962, the decision of the Church of Brest Regional Executive Committee closed until the nineties of the XX century it was used as a warehouse for the local kolkhoz ammonia fertilizers.
In 1992, initiated the restoration of the Church of the director of the district house of culture Vasily Kurachinsky. November 24, 1994 Reverend Constantine, Bishop of Brest and Kobrin He performed the rite of consecration of the church, after which it was served first, after 32-year hiatus, the Divine Liturgy.reveal all text