Vitebsk Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin MaryTo book a tour
The temple was built at the expense of the parishioners in 1886, was made of stone, warm, with a throne, ascribed to St. Peter and Paul Church. It closed in 1922 and subjected to restructuring. After the end of World War II the building was given as a house for the tram depot workers. Since 1997,it's made practical steps for the return of the church building to the church. In the courtyard is installed a cross on the site of the foundation of the altar, wich was discovered during excavations.
According to the inventory in 1922 the temple was made of stone (brick), wasn't plastered on the outside. The temple length is about 23.5 meters, width - 10.6 m. There are fourteen windows with iron bars and double bindings. Roof was made of steel and painted with oil paint. On the roof over the altar was a small iron cupola with a cross on the front facade cupola, covered with iron cross on it. Around the tower are four column, covered with iron crosses on top. Porch of the church was made of stone, in two stages. The vestibule was wooden.
Inside the temple was plastered and painted. The floor is wooden, painted. The ceiling was also wooden and plastered. The iconostasis is wooden, single stored, painted with oil paint, with gilded carvings. Temple was heated by two brick tiled stoves.