St. George Church in LepelTo book a tour
The stone church was built on the site of the old wooden church of St. George in the neoclassical style. Consecrated in June 24, 1900 at St. George's cemetery. It is a brick building with a shingled roof, surmounted by a dome. The walls are cut by 4 window openings. Entrance decorated by ogival doorway. The bell tower stood separately, has been solved 2-columned canopy (to this day has not been preserved).
St. George's Church was built more as a cemetery chapel. Its main function before the revolution was burial service of the dead. Shortly before World War II at the cemetery in Peschanskii stopped to bury, and the Bolsheviks under the pretext of not need to shut down the church.
Currently it is one of the five Orthodox churches in Lepel, acts as a cemetery, assigned to the the Church of St. Martyr Paraskeva Pyatnitsa.