Korma St. Nicholas ChurchTo book a tour
At the entrance to Korma from Chechersk, on a high hill, ruins of the old church tower into the sky. Being Unitarian construction of Korma St. Nicholas Church was started in 1831 by the owner of the village, the landowner, a retired staff captain of the Life Guards Mikhail Bykovsky. It was finished in 1836 and was transferred to the Orthodox department.
The church was built in the classical style - a rectangular volume with a semicircular apse, four Doric columns on the main facade, with a bell tower and dome above the main volume, preserved to the level of the eaves.
The temple was closed to believers in 1920, but until 1960 was used for economic purposes, while it operated as a bakery. Over time the building was virtually destroyed. It is a monument of architecture.reveal all text