Mogilev memorial archTo book a tour
Triumphal (now Memorial) arch in Mogilev was built in 1780 at the Cathedral Square in front of the Iosif cathedral. The Square was designed by architect Stasov. In 1780 Catherine II rode to Mogilev through this arch or brahma, where she met the Austrian Emperor Joseph II.
In 1950-s arch was restored. In 1964 memorial plaques was set at the end of the arch in honor of the 2nd Belorussian front, who took part in Great Patriotic War in the liberation of Mogilev.