Pokrovskaya church in KletskTo book a tour
The Pokrovsk church on a cemetery is constructed in retrospectively-russian style in 1876.
From history: uniate church Kletskaya first mentioned in 1626. At that time the Voznesensky church was not absolutely in a city, and stood at entrance to Kletsk from Nesvizh on a high hill. In 1774 Joseph Radzivill has allocated Voznesensky church the considerable sum of money. A grandiose temple had been constructed by efforts of believers. The church was famous for an icon Presvjatoj of Blessed Virgin Mary. Near a temple there was a cemetery which became and now is the main cemetery of a city Kletsk.
In 1875 uniate the Voznesensky church has completely stopped the existence, even as historical cultural object. On a place of an old temple has been erected new – in retrospectively-russian style. Now it is Pokrovsk orthodox church.reveal all text