The complex of buildings of the former Trinity Monastery bazilianokTo book a tour
The complex of the Basilian convent was built in the first half of the 17th century at the Trinity Church, which used to be on this site earlier. Initially, all the buildings of the monastery complex were wooden. The temple and monastery suffered badly during the Northern War of 1700-1721. Russian troops in search of gold and treasures of the Order of the Basilians looted and severely damaged the monastery, but they did not find anything.
At the end of the 18th century the provincial architect Kramer erected a stone building of the Holy Trinity Monastery, which has survived to the present day. In 1839 the action of the church union in the territory of Belarus was discontinued and the complex of buildings was transferred to the needs of the city hospital. At this time two more buildings are being attached to the monastery complex: an almshouse and a house for disabled people.
Until 2012, the buildings of the former monastery housed the 2nd city clinical hospital.reveal all text