Excursions across Belarus - Belarusian excursion portal

Check request

Church of the Holy Trinity in Zhlobin

To book a tour
Type: Churches Date of Foundation: 1992 year Status: Without a category Gomel region, Zhlobin, K. Marks srt.

Holy Trinity Church was built in the late XIX century at the highest point of Zhlobin on the banks of the Dnieper, after May 13, 1880 during the great fire burned wooden Holy Cross Church. Temple worked until 1932 to arrest the abbot Adam Zhdanovich. After the empty building was used for storing archives. During the war in the summer of 1941 the church was destroyed in the course of fierce fighting.

In the early 90 of XX century in the renaissance of spiritual life Holy Trinity Parish Zhlobin advocated the restoration of the temple. November 2, 1992 at the confluence of hundreds of the faithful bishop Gomel and Mozyr Aristarchus consecrated the laying of the first stone for the construction of a new church. Construction work began on the the same place where once stood a white stone temple, which was destroyed in 1941.

October 14, 1995 held a small blessing of the new Holy Trinity Church, and the first service. A October 21 - with the participation of a large consecrated Metropolitan of Minsk and Slutsk Filaret, Patriarchal Exarch of All Belarus.

reveal all text

Location map - Church of the Holy Trinity in Zhlobin

Address Gomel region, Zhlobin, K. Marks srt. GPS Google: 52.896622′ N, 30.059527′ E