Monument to the 1000 anniversary of the Orthodox Diocese of TurovTo book a tour
Monument to the 1000 anniversary of the Orthodox Diocese of Turov one of the first in Eastern Europe Orthodox dioceses, which in 2005 celebrated its 1000 years was set up in Turov.
Diocese of Turov was founded at the end of X - beginning of XI century, and is the second oldest among all the Orthodox dioceses. Originally covered the territory of the Pripyat River Basin, also included the city of Pinsk, Mozyr, David-town. After the destruction of Turov Tatars (the middle of the XIII century) episcopal moved to Pinsk and the diocese was called Turov-Pinsk.
Once in Turov there were four monasteries and 80 Orthodox churches. Currently Turov diocese includes 10 administrative districts of the Gomel region and has more than 60 registered parishes.
In the diocese there are two convents - Holy Virgin in the city Khoiniki and Holy Nativity of the Theotokos in the village Yurovichi Kalinkovichi, Gomel region. There are more than 10 parish Sunday schools, Orthodox Brotherhood of St Theodosius of Chernigov at the Holy Protection Church in Khoiniki and sisterhood in honor of the Holy Myrrh-bearing Women at St. Nicholas Church in the town of Petrikov.reveal all text