The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin MaryTo book a tour
Zheludoksky Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - an architectural monument of the late classicism. Built in 1854 year, of the rubble and bricks by the architect K. Podchashinskogo on the site of wooden church of the XV century.
The temple has a rectangular plan with a semicircular apse, two side sacristies and transept. The temple is covered with a gable roof. The main facade is decorated with a triangular pediment and massive Doric portic. Until the early ХХth century on the main facade rose octagonal belfry and the same shape. Under the altar of the church is a crypt with the graves, among others, A. Tizengauz is buried here, known reformer, Grodno elder, podskarby. On the walls of the temple is marble plaque with bas-relief images of Countess Tizengauz and leader of the nobility of the Warsaw province of Prince S. Urusky.reveal all text