The first version of the monument in the form of a plate was installed to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the liberation of the city in 1964.
After 20 years, sculptor M. Altshuler and architecter A. Marenich erected a new monument, which stands in the center of the city until today.
The inhabitants of Baranovichi honor the memory of those who died in the fighting during the liberation of the town from the Nazi invaders. There, where the eternal flame burns, the following words are placed on a granite stele:
«Dedicated to the brave fighters and commanders of the 65th and 28th armies of the 1st Belorussian Front, the partisans who liberated the city of Baranovichi from the Nazi invaders on 7-8 July 1944».
Fresh flowers fringe the granite base of the monument.reveal all text