Church of God`s body in DvorecTo book a tour
Church of God`s body in Dvorec - a Catholic church in the agrotown Dvorec in the Grodno region. The monument of architecture in neo-baroque style, built in 1904. Catholic church included in the list of historical and cultural values of the Republic of Belarus. The first written mention of the palace dates from the beginning of the XV century. In 1516 there was established a Catholic parish, at the same time at the expense of the owner Nicholas Kezgayly there was built a wooden church of Corpus Christi. In the XVII century the temple was the miraculous icon of the Mother of God. In 1904 on the site of an old wooden built a new stone Catholic church of Corpus Christi in the Neo-Baroque style. The temple was consecrated in 1905. After World War II closed, the building housed stables. He returned to the Catholic Church in 1989, restored and re-consecrated in 1990.
Church of God`s body in Dvorec - a monument of architecture in neo-baroque style with some elements of neo-Renaissance (arched windows in the towers, the main entrance with an arched opening in a rustic frame). The temple is a two-towered nave basilica. The central nave is covered with a gable roof, the side aisles - pent roof. The main facade is richly decorated, located on the sides of the tower with scalloped cupols. All decorations are made masonry without plaster. The interior space is divided into aisles, vaulted ceilings. The territory of the church is surrounded by a fence with brick Brama (gate).reveal all text