Church of St. Paraskeva in SychiTo book a tour
The Church of St. Paraskevi owls in the village built in 1822 by Joseph landowner Vysotsky on the site of a wooden church that stood here since 1562. In 1899 the congregation had 1486 people in three villages: owls, and Neholsty Yatskovichi. The most distant from the church - Yatskovichi - 6 miles. The church also had a brotherhood and parochial custody for a long time, a church school in Yatskovichah, with 35 students boys and 6 girls, and the public college in Sychah.
The temple was especially venerated image of the "Pochaev" Icon of the Mother of God. There was also a cross of ebony, 1674, surrounded by silver plates. Icon of the Mother of God was in carved wood, gilded, rich frame, the edges of the icon was covered with crimson velvet. The icon was written "through the dark" about the face of the Virgin and the Eternal Divine Child on her left hand - gold stars, halos and crowns. This icon is venerated as miraculous.
Today, the temple is open to parishioners who are regular prayers and holy life.reveal all text