The Church of the Beheading of St. John the Baptist in BullaTo book a tour
The Church of the Beheading of St. John the Baptist in the village Bulla is an Orthodox church, a sample of wooden architecture. It was built in 1849 at the expense of the parishioners in the field away from the village.
The church is made in the form of a rectangular oblong log covered with a gable roof. From the front of the facade the roof is embedded by a 4-sided tent-roofed belfry with a crown. A bulbous cupola is erected above the apse on an octagonal dome drum. An arched entrance doorway is decorated by a porch with 4 pillars under the gable covering. Horizontally paneled facades are girded by a carved counter, are rhythmically dissected by arched windows in a simple wooden frames and beams in piers.
The most important icons in the church are an altar icon «Virgin and Child» and «The Apostle Thomas» (XVIII-XIX centuries), icon «Crucifiction with Bystanders» (XVIII-XIX centuries).reveal all text