Museum Gomel Palace and Park EnsembleTo book a tour
State Historical and Cultural Institution "Gomel Palace and Park Ensemble» was founded in 1919 on the basis of the nationalized in 1917 the collections of Princess P. Paskevich. Since its inception and up to 22 June 1941 had the artistic profile. During World War II was destroyed. In 1945, opened as a local history. In 1952 he received the status of a regional
museum. In January, 2006 a reorganization of the Gomel Regional Museum and from its structure has been allocated institution "Gomel Regional Museum of Military Glory", formerly part of the regional branch of the museum as a "Museum of Military Glory," and the museum in November 2006 by the institution called "Museum "Gomel Palace and Park Ensemble". In November 2006 the establishment of the "Museum" Gomel Palace and Park Ensemble "is renamed the State of historical and cultural institution" Gomel Palace and Park Ensemble "with the implementation of management functions municipal unitary enterprise to provide services" Gomel Park. " During June 2008 and the first quarter of 2009 from the State Historical and Cultural Institution "Gomel Palace and Park Ensemble" is released "Little House
Hunter "with the transfer of ownership of the building in the Gomel City Council of Deputies and the opening at its base from 01.03.2009, the" museum of the history of the city of Gomel ».
Gomel Palace and Park Ensemble is located in the central part of the city and covers an area of Gomel Palace and Park complex Rumyantsev-Paskevich a total area of 25 hectares. Includes Park and Palace of Rumyantsev-Paskevich. tomb-chapel of the book. Paskevich, administrative building (former chess and checkers club ),the winter garden and an observation tower ( buildings - monuments 2nd floor. XVIIIth - mid XIXth century.).
Palace of Rumyantsev-Paskevich built in the classical style, is the center of the palace and park ensemble. The architecture of the palace organically linked with the terrain and the layout of the park. It was founded in 1777, General Field Marshal P. D.Rumyantsevym Transdanubia (1725 1796), Who owned Gomel from 1775 to 1796 years, on-site earthworks and wooden castle of Prince M. Chartoriyski. Until 1834 belonged Rumyantsev, in 1834-1917 - Paskevich. The main building was built in the period from 1777 to 1796 years. Construction was led by Arch. I. Alekseev, in consultation arch. K.Blanca. After the death of P.A.Rumyantsev - Zadunajsky Gomel estate was inherited by his son, Count Nikolai Rumyantsev. In the 1800-1805 built two auxiliary wings flanking Ch. housing and furnished 4-columned portico of Ionic order.
In 1834, the palace has a new owner - Ivan Paskevich. In the 1837-1851 years. , the reconstruction of the palace and its completion (architect A. Idzikovsky, interior designer Vincento Vincenty). Are attached to the main body of galleries that flank the square in the pavilion. Rebuilt the side wings, changed the layout, built four-tiered tower and pavilion with overhead light. On the roofs of the main building and statues of galleries and cast-iron balustrades.
In the palace and park ensemble of monthly concerts of classical music (White Hall Palace of Rumyantsev-Paskevich, concerts and entertainment events (Central Park bandstand Gomel Palace and Park Ensemble), retrodiskoteki (Central Park playground D omel palace and park ensemble).
Photo - Gomel Palace and Park Ensemble
Exposure - Gomel Palace and Park Ensemble
- Religious items exhibition set up in the room where a mid-XIXth century until 1917 was the home church in honor of St.. Elisabeth and John the Evangelist. Here are the unique items included in the collection of the Gomel Palace in pre-revolutionary period and exhibits describing the religious culture of the Gomel region (icons, old books, etc.).
- ”Red Hall” displays objects from the palace decoration: XIXth century mantel clocks, paintings, sculpture, porcelain, etc. It recreates the atmosphere of the living room of the Red Hall of the late XIXth and early XXth centuries.
- Hall receptions Portraits of famous people who have glorified Gomelyschinu in different historical periods: K.Turovskogo, II Grigorovich, Sukhoi, Andrei Gromyko, and others; in the exposition dedicated to Andrei Gromyko, you can see the real items that belonged to him personally - armchair furniture, books, souvenirs and paintings I. Glazunov.
- Exhibition ”Ancient history Gomel region” tells about the ancient history of the region shown, you can see the unique archaeological artifacts found in the Gomel region.
- Exhibition ”The Mysterious sea fantasy” devoted to the inhabitants of the seas and oceans, is exotic and very popular with visitors
- Exhibition ”The owners of the Gomel estate Rumyantsev-Paskevich” located in the tower of the palace. Historical and memorial exhibition opened July 3, 2003 Original paintings, sculptures, personal belongings, documents can show the history of Gomel Palace and Park late XVIII - early XX centuries, highlighting the role of the estate owners Gomel Rumyantsev-Paskevich in shaping the new face of Gomel, to reconstruct some of the interiors of the palace. The exposition is located in the eight rooms on four floors of the tower.
- Hall ”Rumyantsev” dedicated members of the noble family of Field Marshal Pyotr Alexandrovich Rumyantsev, his sons Nicholas n Sergei, who owned the estate of Gomel from 1775 to 1834 The exhibition features bronze busts of Peter Alexandrovich and Nikolai Petrovich Rumyantsev, copies of paintings by D.Levitsky and D. Doe made the Gomel artists, watches, weapons (XVIII - XIX centuries)., Illustrations, copies of documents, a bronze statue of the Goddess of Peace.
- Hall ”Paskevichy and Gomel” reveals the theme of the reconstruction of the palace and the formation of the palace and park ensemble in the middle - II floor. XIX century. The exhibition shows Paskevich personal belongings, photographs of the palace, the park, the palace rooms, an inventory of the Gomel Palace in 1910, which is documentary evidence that luxury, which was present in the court rooms in the beginning. XX century. A unique exhibit is the book of honorable guests with the signatures of Russian emperors.
- ”Audience Hall” hall is a reconstruction of the interior of one of the rooms of the palace. The exhibition features a marble sculpture, fireplace suites, paintings, porcelain figurines XVIII-XIX centuries., A bronze table with miniature portraits of Louis XVI and the ladies of the court.
- ”Field Marshals” Hall” The theme of "N.F. Paskevnch - Field Marshal, a member of the Patriotic War of 1812, Russian-Turkish wars of the 1st half of the XIX century. The exhibition presents the battle painting, reading and writing about the construction of I.F. Paskevich, the Count and princely dignity, rewarding weapons, personal belongings of Field Marshal (uniform, award ribbon, first aid kit, trunk, telescopes). The centerpiece of the room is occupied formal portraits of Elizabeth and Ivan Paskevich Alekseevny, candelabra in the form of a bouquet of lilies, donated by Emperor Alexander II F. Paskevich when visiting Gomel Palace in 1857.
Schedule Gomel Palace and Park Ensemble
- Administration 08:30 - 17:30 weekend Saturday, Sunday
- Cash 11:00 - 18:30 weekend Monday, Tuesday
- Exposure 11:00 - 19:00 weekend Monday, Tuesday