Vetka Museum of Old Believers and Belarusian traditions name F.G. ShklyarovTo book a tour
Vetka Folk Museum was founded November 30, 1978 by order № 1711 Gomel Regional Executive Committee. The basis of the museum's collections fell personal collection of Fyodor Shklyarov (1925 - 1988) - a native of Vetka native of the Old Believer family, amateur artist and collector local old, who became the first director of the museum. Permanent exhibition opened on 1 November 1987 in a restored and reconstructed historic building - the house of merchant Groshikov, which is included in the register historical and cultural heritage of Belarus. On December 31, 2011 in museum listed 10 793 exhibits. Display areas are 404, 6 square. m exhibition - 127, 6. The museum has 2 kiosk where you can buy works by local artists, merchandise and printed materials, including own publications published by the museum or its content.
Vetka - center of the Russian Old Believers, a small town located on the eastern Belarus Polesie River Sog. According to some historical this witness is the Belarusian town was founded by Old Believers, who arrived here from central Russia in 1685.
Originality Vetka Museum gives the representation of art Culture and creativity of several folk traditions interesting region for South-East of the country, which are closely intertwined culture and customs of the Orthodox Belarusian village and Old Believer Vetka. The museum has a unique collection of embossed salaries by icons and books, works of local "goldsmiths" XVIII-XX centuries, woven towels and folk costumes (more than 1800 subjects), old books, Old Believer icon, the only assembly in Belarus official figures and in words painters XVII - beginning of XX centuries, manuscripts (singing, hagiographic literature), Belarusian folk icons, cast icons, crosses, tools, patterns XVII-XX centuries, gold embroidery, sewing pearls and beads, house-thread XIX-XX centuries.
Visiting of the museum is included in the travel routes in Gomel, the project "Golden Ring of Gomel", the museum was awarded a special diploma "For the preservation and revival of traditions", a special prize of President of Belarus in the "Museology". Museum staff periodically conducts thematic studies with children, public lectures, poetry recitals.
Photo - Vetka Museum of Old Believers and Belarusian traditions name F.G. Shklyarov
Exposure - Vetka Museum of Old Believers and Belarusian traditions name F.G. Shklyarov
- Incunabula and monuskripty XVI-ХХ 500 items - rare first edition printing of Russian and Belarusian masters Ivan Fedorov, Peter Mstislavets copies of these books, books XVIII century. Belarusian printing houses in Grodno, Vilna, manuscripts Vetka book style ornament.
- Vetka school of icon painting 500 exhibits Vetka icons XVII-beginning XX centuries, Icons "Cathedral Arch. Michael" XVIII century, "Nikolai disgusting" from the New Ivanovka.
- Crafts and trades of Vetka XVII-XX beaded embroidery, gilded wood carvings, embroidery monastery, the salaries of beads, kiotnaya thread, thread "under-Forged."
- Folk costume and towels tissue, towels, folk costumes, Neglyubskaya, Babichskaya, Dubrovensky tradition.
Group excursions - Vetka Museum of Old Believers and Belarusian traditions name F.G. Shklyarov
|Date||Tour||More places||Price adult||Price child up to 18 years||Additional information|
|08:00 27-July (Saturday)||Gomel - Vetka (2 days)||The group is in progress||5'810 ₽||5'500 ₽||
|08:00 24-August (Saturday)||Gomel - Vetka (2 days)||The group is in progress||5'810 ₽||5'500 ₽||
Individual and corporate excursions - Vetka Museum of Old Believers and Belarusian traditions name F.G. Shklyarov
Schedule Vetka Museum of Old Believers and Belarusian traditions name F.G. Shklyarov
- Administration 08:30 - 17:30 weekend Saturday, Sunday
- Cash 09:00 - 18:00 weekend Monday
- Exposure 09:00 - 18:00 weekend Monday