Volkovysk P.I.Bagratiyon military-historical museumTo book a tour
Volkovysk P.I.Bagratiyon military-historical museum their origin must Georgiy Peh (1897-1969), local historians and enthusiasts, who in 1925-1935 collect items old Volkovysk, participated in archaeological excavations in the ancient settlement Vaukavysk. In 1935, a volunteer in town opened its first museum, the basis of which the exhibition is a collection of GI Peha. After joining Western Belarus into BSSR museum was nationalized and reopened to public in 1 th January 1940. During World War II Museum was looted and closed. After the war, April 16, 1946 Volkovysk executive committee decided to organize a regional museum. In August 9th 1946 the decision confirmed the Grodno Region Executive Committee. Revived Volkovysk Museum was officially opened on 1 September 1948 and is located in a room in an apartment house on the street of Victory. The decision of the City Council of 15 February 1949 the museum received a residence permit in a historic building manor house, where in 1812, housed the headquarters of the Second Western Army General Pyotr Bagration. In 1950, at the entrance to the museum was a bronze bust by sculptor outstanding general Zaire Azgura. In the 1949-1952 years. museum has exhibits of the disbanded Leningrad Artillery Historical Museum - the weapons and equipment of European armies XVIII-XIX centuries. In 27th February 1953 Volkovysk District Museum was transformed into Volkovysk P.I.Bagratiyon military-historical museum. G.I. Peh directed it until 1967, the museum exhibits cover a huge amount of history of the Belarusian people: from the appearance of the city, its growth and development, prior to the events of the Great Patriotic War. In 1989, construction of the new museum building. September 21, 2001 a new building was inaugurated. Now it houses exhibitions devoted to the history of medieval Vawkavysk, history of the city and district in the wars of the XX century. and an exhibition hall. In the lobby of visitors learn about the history of the museum. In the old building of the museum is an exposition dedicated to the most important events in the life of P.I. Bagration, his associates, and their struggle against Napoleonic France in the years 1805-1814. A number of exhibits related to the history of Volkovysk during the Patriotic War of 1812, the museum organized museum classes and lectures.
Photo - Volkovysk P.I.Bagratiyon military-historical museum
Exposure - Volkovysk P.I.Bagratiyon military-historical museum
- Ancient Volkovуsk exhibited vessels and fragments of the corolla, and the bottoms of the walls, decorated with various ornaments (line, point, wavy), numerous items of Christians (pectoral crosses made of bronze, stone and amber pendants, a fragment of rock icons labeled "Gavriil"). In separate windows on display personal items for women and men Volkovуsk X-XIV centuries. - Numerous jewelry (rings, rings, necklaces, buckles, bracelets, iron spears and arrows, spurs, bone fragment onions, copper medallion. Among the exhibits dedicated to the military events, are authentic models of weapons and ammunition XV-XVIII centuries. Firearms submitted two matchlock musket, flintlock pistols, Turkish gun "yanycharka" various samples of knives: a two-handed sword of the Teutonic knights in the XVI., foil and epee XVII century, swords, decorated with engraving. On display are samples of spear, the New Age (partisan, halberd, espanton), part of a German knight armor and armor knight XVII century ("Spanish armor").
- War of 1812 exhibition, housed in four halls of old manor-house, which was built in 1805, is dedicated to the events of the 1812 war in June 1812 in this house was the headquarters of the 2nd Russian army under the command of General Pyotr Bagration. The exhibition covers the period of European history from the end of the XVIII century. until 1812 The first room introduces visitors to the events of European history, 1797-1809, which was the central figure of Napoleon Bonapart. Stories of old paintings and prints tell of his rise to power and the major events that led to the creation of the French Empire: winning the war against the Austrians in Italy (1797), the return of the Egyptian campaign in Paris (1799), the seizure of power and the coronation (1804), the victory over Austria at Ulm (1805) and over Russia at Austerlitz (1805), the conclusion of the Peace of Tilsit (1807), the conquest of Spain (1808), the defeat of the Austrians at Wagram (1809 .). The room is cold and firearms XVIII-XIX centuries. (swords, guns, massive mortar), musical instruments (trumpet and drums), non-commissioned officer's uniform with a copper cap-grenaderkoy, wigs and braids, as well as the Prussian officer's tunic with a hood. The second hall introduces visitors to the first phase of the war in 1812 and the course of the Battle of Borodino. The exhibition includes portraits of fellow General on the second Russian army, and M.I. Kutuzov, M.B. Barclay de Tolly, A.P. Tormasov. In a separate window are rare documents, including orders to the French command authorities Volkovysk County. The exhibition tells the story of the third hall Volkovyssk battle (picture G.I. Peh "Volkovysk battle"), but here the portraits of war veterans in 1812, copies of Russian cartoons that make fun of the failure of the French in Russia, the arrogance of Napoleon. Among the most valuable pieces - Tunic Russian trumpeter, pelisse, dolman generalship. In some display cases are hats (quiver, helmet), shoulder marks (epaulettes), hussar belt (sashes), knots, and other items of clothing. In the center, there is a Russian gun. Its trunk was cast in the last quarter of the XVIII century. Beside her swab to clean the vents, massive core of the war in 1812 also in the hall are the XIX century engravings. Depicting the heroes of World War II, including a small portrait of N. A. Durova (1783-1863). The next room introduces the history of the expulsion of the French from Russia. The movement of armies back to the Neman marked on the map-diagram presented engraving "French Army Crossing the Berezina," "The defeat of Marshal Victor to Old Borisov", "The defeat of Marshal Ney under Krasniy". In a separate window are artifacts from the field of past battles (bullets, fragments of nuclei, buckshot, German dagger).
- Volkovуsk in XX century exhibition introduces visitors to the history of the city and its people in the twentieth century. Photos of the century acquaint visitors with the appearance of the city, its streets and suburbs, the appearance of its inhabitants, such as employees of the railway, and the two maps of the city (1823 and 1888-1889). Volkovуsk demonstrate growth in the previous century. Among the items that introduce the life of the people - the zinc plate of the insurance company "Russia", Russian money (coins and banknotes), leaflets tear-off calendar for 1911 a significant place in the exhibition is a story about the events of the First World War, 1914-1918. Map-scheme introduces the outline of the Eastern Front. Pictures reflect the individual episodes of World War II, maps and photos of the fronts of the museum introduces visitors to the terms of Brest-Litovsk Treaty of 1918 and the Treaty of Riga in 1921 presented a copy of the Soviet and Polish posters, panoramic shot Volkovуsk in 1920. The centerpiece of the exhibition devoted to the Second World War, 1939-1945. On them, in detail and in sequence, according to numerous exhibits of photographs, posters, flyers, maps, pieces of mines and shells, weapons, equipment, awards, things of war veterans. The exhibition includes leaflets, which the Germans threw over surrounded by the Red Army, photos defenders - Lieutenant General D.M. Karbyshev captain L.P. Malygin, policemen P.I. Kosilo and P.V. Semenchuk. A significant part of the exhibition tells about the period of the Nazi occupation of the city. Special attention is paid stories Volkovуsk underground guerrilla movement in the area. Photos partisans complement Soviet leaflets, newspapers, weapons and awards. Exhibits cover the fight against the invaders partisans of M. Kalinin, a subversive group "Persistent" nizyanski and karpovski patriots Volkovуsk underground. Also has examples of German firearms and bladed weapons. Maps of World acquaint visitors with the direction of the Soviet Army during the offensive operation "Bagration", the circumstances of the release Volkovуsk parts of the 3rd Army under General A.V. Gorbatov. On the post-war reconstruction and development of the city telling photographs, commemorative awards veterans recreated interior room of a Soviet officer early 1960s. The tragic story of the Afghan war 1979-1989 years. tells the story of thousands of Belarusians who fought in Afghanistan. On display are pictures of them, letters, personal belongings, awards.
Schedule Volkovysk P.I.Bagratiyon military-historical museum
- Administration 09:00 - 18:00 weekend Saturday, Sunday
- Cash 10:00 - 17:00 weekend Monday
- Exposure 10:00 - 17:00 weekend Monday