Mogilev Regional Art Museum named MaslenikovTo book a tour
In 1944, after the liberation of the city, the building housed the regional committee of the CPSU city committee and, later - the newspaper "Mogilev true." And only with the November 19, 1990 decision of the executive committee of the Mogilev Oblast Council of Deputies was finally opened Mogilev Regional Art Museum. The beginning of the formation of the collections was the transfer of the Mogilev regional museum 83 paintings, drawings, works of applied art.
July 28, 1994, Paul V. Maslennikov, a famous artist, a native of the Mogilev region, presented to the museum during the passage of his second personal exhibition of all the 125 best works of art created by 80 years of life. So it opened the first in Belarus author Art Gallery. January 22, 1996 the museum was named after the artist, and in September 1997, near the building of the museum, a monument was erected, a bust by sculptor P.V.Maslenikova Vl.M.Letuna.
Every year, on the basis of the museum held the international plein air painting on the "Image of Motherland in Fine Arts" dedicated to outstanding masters of brush land Mogilev and important events of the country (the liberation of Belarus from Nazi invaders and the Victory of the Soviet people in the Great Patriotic War). They are attended by artists from different countries: Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, Armenia, Israel, France, Austria, Germany, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Moldova, Kazakhstan, China and others. At the end of each of the plein air passes final exhibition participants. Funds of the museum is constantly replenished with new works of art. Interesting items from the collections are exhibited occasionally in the spacious halls for temporary exhibitions.
Photo - Mogilev Regional Art Museum named Maslenikov
Schedule Mogilev Regional Art Museum named Maslenikov
- Administration 11:00 - 19:00 weekend Sunday, Monday
- Cash 11:00 - 18:30 without days off
- Exposure 11:00 - 19:00 without days off