Church of st. John the Baptist in OpsaTo book a tour
Church of st. John the Baptist - a monument of architecture in the Gothic Revival style, built of brick in 1887 on the site of the burned down temple in 1768. In 1928, the roof and the church tower was destroyed by another fire. In 1949 the church was closed and converted into a warehouse. In 1990 the building was returned to the church, its restoration was carried out.
It is a single-nave church with a pentagonal altar apse, flanked by symmetrical low sacristy. The bulk of the sacristy covered with gable roofs. A square bell tower completed by peaked tent.