Chelyuskintsev Forest ParkTo book a tour
Chelyuskintsev Forest Park was created in 1928 - 1932 years in the eastern part of the city pine area adjacent to the Moscow highway. The total area is 59 hectares. The XVIII century, these lands belonged to it is the large flies, the owners were the princes Radzivill, and on the XVIII century until 1918 Vankoviches noble family. The privacy of the pine forest joined planting valuable trees, such as sycamore, Manchurian walnut, oak krasnolistny. The name «Chelyuskintsev» was given in 1934 in honor of the participants of the expedition on the ship «Chelyuskin».
In the north-eastern part of the park is the tomb of Soviet prisoners of war and civilians in the underground. Buried there more than 10 thousand people were executed Nazi invaders during the war. In 1955, the tomb is a monument - sculpture of a woman in mourning. In park rides, bandstand, dance floor.
Currently, the park is one of the central parks of the city of Minsk and has the status historical and cultural value, as a monument to the history and landscape architecture. Here there are about 22 thousand trees, mostly deciduous and coniferous species. The entire area along the main avenues planted ornamental species (chestnut, linden, maple, birch, ash, spruce, etc.)reveal all text