Ensemble of the Bernardine Monastery with the Church of Barbara in PinskTo book a tour
Bernardine monastery was founded at the beginning of the XVIII century, when the hetman of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania Mikhail Servatsy Vishnevetsky invited representatives of the Order in Pinsk, and gave them land. The monastery has long been of wood. It was partially rebuilt in stone in 1828 - 1832. It was an complex of the mill, bakery, warehouse, barn, stable, cellar, sauna and other buildings.
St. Barbara church is a monument of baroque architecture, built in1786 as the Church of the Archangel Michael, and belonged to Bernardine. The church belongs to the type of simple church without tower (in the 1830s Church was rebuilt in the Orthodox Church).
Architecture of the facade is laconic, his decorations are pilasters with flat topography, niches, frames and sashes. The church belfry and monastery building was constructed in the first half of XIX century not far from the temple.
After the uprising in 1830 the church together with
the other monastic buildings was handed over to the Orthodox parish.
In the temple the iconostasis came. There are ancient icons ”Veil”, ”Mother of God Affection”, ”Three Saints”, ”Pantakrator Savior,” ”Nicholas”. The temple is famous rarities. There is an icon, which was created in the late XV and XVI centuries, ”Mother of God, Protectress of Jerusalem”.