Church of the Mother of God Shkaplerna in MyadelTo book a tour
Myadel Church and Carmelite Monastery - a monument of baroque architecture with elements of Rococo, built in 1754 of bricks for special orders Carmelite monks, it is rare for a monument to Belarusian centric songs and has no analogues among the Carmelite church. Built a church warden Antonij Koschic, who owned the Old Myadel in the middle of the XVIII century. From Rome, he brought the relics of St. Justinian (later moved to the church Mosar) and pulled many pilgrims here.
With the name of Antonij Koschic a legend. He has a family for a long time there was no heir. Dreaming of the birth of his son, he prayed to God, went to the Kiev Lavra, went to Jerusalem, being in Rome, made a vow that if his wife gives birth to an heir, he will build a church in the Old Myadel. A miracle happened - the long-awaited son was born. Antonij kept his word and the church was built.
In one area church and is the monastery of Carmelites. The interior of the church preserved the original frescoes. It got to the present day, and Priest house building in the Old Myadel - two-story, gable with a high roof.
In 1832 government abolished the monastery, in 1866 he was sent to the Orthodox. In 1920 returned to the Catholics, after 25 years, the shrine was closed and only in the 1989 church was given to the believer and raised from the ruins.reveal all text