The Church of St. Simeon in KamenetsTo book a tour
The Church of St. Simeon is a monument in retrospect-russian style.
By 1912 the church building dilapidated. Through the efforts of Father L. Payevsky (he in 1907 requested the manual), the Government had allocated an amount of 50,000 rubles in gold. Then on to the site of an old church in 1914 on a high hill was built a brick church and was consecrated 14 of September in 1914 in honor of St. Simeon.
When the Bolsheviks came the church of St. Simeon, fortunately, was not destroyed. The temple was survived during the Second World War, although from the stories of local residents know that the summer of 1944 in the bell tower the German observation post was housed.reveal all text