Trinity Church in RadoshkovichyTo book a tour
Radoshkovichi is a small town near Minsk, surrounded by green lush Belarusian forests in summer. Here there is Trinity Catholic Church that is connected with the fate of Ivan Dominikovich Lutsevich - a classic of Belarusian literature, a poet, a playwrighter, an essayist, more known as Yanka Kupala.
Trinity Church was founded in Radoshkovichi in 1447. In connection with this event the settlement was first mentioned in written chronicals. Initially, the temple was made of wood, but it was destroyed later. In the middle of the XIX century a new stone church was built on its place on donations from local landowners Valodkovichey.
Today Trinity Church is a monument that is built in the classicism style. It is a three-nave basilica with two towers.
Accoding to some resources Yanka Kupala - a poet of the Belarusian land, the author of the plays «Paulinka», «Raskidannoe gnezdo», «Zdeshnie» and others was baptized in the church in Radoshkovichi in 1882.reveal all text