Church of St. Anthony of Padua in PostavyTo book a tour
Neo-Gothic church St. Anthony of Padua was built in 1898-1904 years by architect A. Goybelem.
Church was dedicated in honor of St. Anthony of Padua - Franciscan preacher, miracle worker, one of the most venerated saints of the Catholic Church. To him apply when searching for lost things, St. Anthony helps people find not only material but also spiritual: love, hope, conscience and God. The future preacher was born in the late XII century in Lisbon (Iberian peninsula). Having a priest, he went to serve in Morocco, but soon he fell ill and was forced to return home. The ship caught in a storm and only miraculously survived, he drifted to the shores of Sicily. Since that time, Anthony has a divine vision and began to preach. Word of his sermons found a simple and easy way into the hearts and souls of listeners. Died preacher in his forties.
Today the temple is a single-turret five-sided apse of the basilica. The greatness of church tower attached tiered hip. On a red background brick walls plastered and whitewashed distinguished niche and arkaturoy - a number of small blind arches. The side facades are broken up the buttresses and lancet openings. Entrance to the church is represented by three lancet portals.
In 1959 the church was closed and later converted a branch factory radio components. Inside the temple was divided into two floors, the interior is much changed. The cross of Catholic church all this time remained in the Postavy church. Only in 1989 the church was returned to the congregation. Since that time until 1995 the priest Shutkevich Ian began a rapid restoration of the temple, some services have been translated into Belarusian.
It was built on the envelope of the river area, is the vertical emphasis of the historical center of Postavy. In the architectural and landscape composition combines the pond water table and river, green and red brick neo-Gothic monumental forms of the church.reveal all text