Trinity Church in KossovoTo book a tour
Trinity Catholic Church or, as it is sometimes called Holy Trinity and Holy Cross Church, - is an example of Gothic architecture. The Roman Catholic church is located in the center of Kossovo - a city that was first mentioned in chronicles in the late XV century.
Trinity Church was built in Kossovo in 1877. Its construction was financed by Vandalin Puslovsky and parishioners. According to historians, earlier there was a wooden Catholic church built in the early XVII century on this place.
Kossovo Trinity church is made of brick. It is a single-aisle rectangular building with a five-sided alter apse, a tower-belfry and narrow stained-glass windows. Entering the church above the altar you can see an inscription «Mater dei ora pro nobis» that means «Mother of God pray for us».
The church is known outside the country because on 12th February, 1746 Tadeusz Kosciuszko, the head of the national liberation movement in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in 1794, was christened there.reveal all text