The complex of buildings of Bernardine monasteryTo book a tour
The monastery was founded in 1624 year Krasnosel”skii village elder Andrew Konsovskim and his brother Ian. First - wooden - church of the monastery was rebuilt in the 1630s years, but was burned with all other buildings in the fire of 1644 year. The monastery complex burned in fires several times (1656, 1740, 1835), however, restored and rebuilt again and again. The most substantial rebuilding was made in 1752 year: the architectural forms of the monastic buildings acquired features of baroque.
In 1860 year the monastery was closed, the building was confiscated by the church in 1864 for taking part in the uprising of the faithful. Only in 2009 - 2014 was the final reconstruction of the building of the former monastery. In the process of restoration it was possible to preserve all the architectural elements of the building of the XIX century. At the moment, the hotel is opened with a symbolic name «Monastyrsky», which belongs to the hotel chain «Victoria». In general, after the restoration of the hotel, the features of the monastery remained. In several places of the building during the reconstruction found fresco painting. It was partially restored, leaving old fragments nearby, which were not touched by the hand of specialists. They did so for comparison: how the frescoes looked originally and as in our days - before the beginning of the restoration. These samples under a special glass are now located in the corridors of the hotel. The vaulted ceilings of the corridors were decorated with forged chandeliers, and the rooms of the hotel - stylized lamps.
Former St. Joseph”s Church was restored in 1983 year. Now the archive of scientific and technical documents and the archive of literature and arts of Belarus are in the former church.reveal all text