Church of Vergin Maria in KonstantinovoTo book a tour
Church of Vergin Maria in Konstantinovo was built in 1896. Initially, in this place in 1792 a wooden church was built at the expense of C. Hominski . Church burned down in 1812. In 1820 - 1826 years. On means of Vladimir Pashkevich on the same site was erected the stone Church of the Mother of God. In 1896, at the expense of Alexander and Jadwiga Hominski Temple extended, then were built and a fence with entrance gates.
Catholic rectangular, three-nave, covered with a gable roof. The architecture is defined in severe forms, which is typical for the style of classicism. The temple was built in two construction materials: the main facade, apse, interior columns were built of brick and plastered walls of the side facades - from the polished stone quarry. This creates an interesting color scheme gives distinctive features.
Interior of the church is richly decorated with wooden carvings. Centre composition of the interior is wooden altar, decorated with two columns Ionic order. Between the columns in the center of the altar, the image of ”Mother of God with a child". The temple is organ.
The area around the church fenced from the rubble, opposite the main front in the churchyard are three-span gates.reveal all text