Excursions across Belarus - Belarusian excursion portal

Check request

Photo - Gervyaty

The population: 563 people Status: Village The year of foundation: 1434 Grodno region, Ostrovets district

Location - Gervyaty

Gervyaty is a village in the Ostrovets district of the Grodno region on the Losha river.

reveal all text

History of the development - Gervyaty

The first written mention of Gerviaty dates from 1434. In 1536, Bishop Jan of Vilna founded a wooden church of the Most Holy Trinity here. As a result of the third partition of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in 1795, Gervyaty became part of the Russian Empire. In the XIX - early XX centuries Gervyaty were owned by the Domeiko family. During 1899-1903 stone Trinity church in the Neo-Gothic style was built in the village. During the First World War in 1915, Gervyaty were under occupation by the Kaiser troops. In 1920, the town was part of the Middle Lithuania, in 1922 - as part of the interwar Polish Republic. In 1939, Gervyaty entered the BSSR, where on October 12, 1940, and the status of the settlement was lowered to the village.

reveal all text

Tourism potential - Gervyaty

The symbol of the village is Trinity Church, one of the highest temples in the republic. The temple is called «Little Switzerland» and «Belarusian Notre-Dame». According to a number of polls, he is recognized as the most beautiful church in Belarus.

reveal all text
Where to go in the Gervyaty? All about restaurants, entertainment and other services

Individual and corporate excursions - Gervyaty

Location map - Gervyaty

GPS Google: 54.689769′ N, 26.139852′ E