National Historical Museum of the Republic of BelarusTo book a tour
The National History Museum of the Republic of Belarus is closely linked to the processes of formation of the national museum in the early twentieth century. In 1906 a law was passed giving the provincial authorities the right to approve new charters of private institutions. This has led to the emergence of urban archival commissions, the Society of Natural History, Archaeology and Ethnography. Church archaeological society existed in all provincial cities of Belarus. In particular, in Minsk, church archeology committee was set up in 1908, on his initiative, and in connection with the events dedicated to the memory of Prince Constantine of Ostrog, in the same year the church was opened Minsk Historical and Archaeological Museum, which has been collecting ecclesiastical antiquities. Church Museum became the prototype of the future museum of the country, and items from its collections today are stored in the collections of museums in Belarus. With regard to the continuity of the National History Museum of the Republic of Belarus, in favor of the fact that a number of the museum's collection of materials, in particular, icons, photographs, works of printmaking, the documents are derived from the Minsk Church History and Archaeological Museum. In 1919 the People's Commissariat of Education decided to open in Minsk, the first state museum, which was named Regional and housed in a former Nobility Assembly. 1923 - is the most important in the history of museums in Belarus. Adopted this year a resolution of the Council of People's Commissars "On registration, applying for registration and protection of monuments of art of the past, life and the local nature, which are owned by institutions and companies, as well as individuals," has created a legal framework for the state museums of the Byelorussian SSR. The regional museum has been transformed into the Belarusian State Museum (Belarusian State Museum, BSM). In accordance with the "Regulations", developed by the museum committee of the Academic Center of the People's Commissariat of Education, headed by the Belorussian P.Harlampovichem, Belarusian State Museum served as the "central institution for storing items and collections of artistic, historical, archaeological and ethnographic character with-republican and scientific importance . " The museum had branches (branches) in Vitebsk, Mogilev and Gomel. In the Belarusian State Museum had flown down all the monuments of republican znacheniya. Period in 1925-1926 - is an intense acquisition of funds, as well as creating and opening in 1926, the museum exhibition. In 1928 when the director of the institution was V.Lastovsky, the museum was renamed the Belarusian State Museum of Cultural History in 1930 - Minsk socio-historical museum. In connection with public policy, provides for the sale abroad of artistic and historical monuments in order to obtain hard currency, from 1919 from the collection of the museum were confiscated icons and paintings of famous Russian and Belarusian artists. This is the time of the meeting of Belarusian museums disappeared Durer engravings, Flemish tapestries, Slutsk sashes and more. Since the beginning of the Great Patriotic War Museum collection that were in the center of the country, including former BGF not have time to evacuate - they were taken to Germany or destroyed. The postwar history of the National Historical Museum of the Republic of Belarus begins in 1957 when the Council of Ministers of the Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic adopted a resolution on the establishment of the Belarusian State History Museum. In 1964. in Minsk, Byelorussian SSR creates the State Museum on 2 November 1967 opens its first exhibition. In 1991 the State Museum of the Byelorussian SSR was renamed the National Museum of History and Culture. September 9, 2009 the museum received a new name - the National History Museum of the Republic of Belarus.
Display area is 1376 m2 halls. The museum has 4 permanent and 4 variables traveling exhibitions. The total number of museum objects has 400 thousand units, of which the main fund of 370 thousand scientific subsidiary - 30,000. The museum was awarded the Diploma of 2-level National Contest "Art of the Book - 2013" - awarded by the publishing house "Technology" for the book by Yuri Lavrika "Books and book collections Kucein Epiphany Monastery in Kutein in the middle of the seventeenth century.". In the framework of the "Museum of Belarus - the third millennium" - was the winner in the nomination "The best partner activity," thanks to projects implemented with the support of Japan Tobacco International and the Open Society "Belvnesheconombank." The album "Rarities of the National History Museum of the Republic of Belarus" was awarded in the category "Best museum publication".
As part of cultural events are held the lecture "From the history of icon painting (for students grades 7-11)", which tells the story of how icons are written, about the art of icon painting, and what images are found on the images and what they mean . The lecture introduces students to the basic types of iconographic images of Jesus Christ (Vsederzhatel Lord, Saviour, and others) and Virgin (Hodigitria, Orans, etc.). The lecture is accompanied by a display of icons from the collection of the museum. Lecture on the Belarusian People's Puppet Theatre "Batleika" (for students grades 1-11) introduces students to the history of the theater, with a working actor batleechnika and about the secrets of making puppets for performances. Finally lecture demonstrates the classic play "King Herod." Lecture: "From the history of armor" (for students grades 3-11) talks about the "fight" protective gear during the XVI century - The first half of the twentieth century. For clarity will be provided by a variety of elements and details of the security outfit from the collection of the museum. Lecture: "To the stars of the universe" (for students grades 1-11) Respond to children the following questions: "Why fly into space? Why astronaut spacesuit What is the house of astronauts and how it is equipped What is weightlessness?, etc." They will see the immersion suits and ground emergency reserve (NAE), gloves and food to suit the astronauts, hygiene kits and more from the fact that donated to the museum first Belarusian astronauts P.I. Klimuk. Lecture: "How did the money from his pocket and Stories" (for students grades 5-11) gives the answers to the questions: "Where and when the first pennies What is a coin? When and from where the money came from the territory of Belarus?, etc." Pupils suss that the study of science such as numismatics, bonistic, the economy, and get acquainted with their basic concepts. The lecture is accompanied by a slide show. Lecture "Slutsk belts and aristocratic clothing" (for students 7-11 class names) talks about who founded the famous Slutskaya manufactory of manufacturing technique and artistic features of belts, as well as national gentry clothing and how to wear belts. The lecture is accompanied by a multimedia presentation. Lecture "Minsk: Yesterday and Today" (for students grades 5-11) through postcards with images of old Minsk allows listeners to make a small historical journey through the streets and parks of the late XIX - early XX centuries. The lecture is accompanied by a display of multimedia presentation. Museum occupation "Distant ancestors zapovet" (for students grades 1-2) in the immediate and exciting atmosphere through the game allows you to get an initial idea of the life of primitive man, his relation to nature. Students try to blind ourselves from the clay pot, decorate his old pattern as we did in the old days of their ancestors. Museum occupation "Archeological excavations" (for students grades 4-5) has for some time to become assistant archaeologist, to be exact - to help carry out archaeological excavations at the Iron Age fort imaginary "Babes". Children are not only explore the cultural layers, but also determine the direction of the light, lead field diary, make a plan of the excavation. Museum occupation "Secrets of weaving" (for students grades 4-11) introduces some museum objects in the exhibition "ancient Belarus." In our own experience, students will become familiar with the ancient technique of weaving on berdechke: weave belt that will take away as a souvenir. Interactive game "The one who searches finds," is designed for children and adults, family visitor - all those who care about the story, who is attracted by the atmosphere of cognitive games, like unconventional and to spend their leisure time. It is made in the best traditions of intellectual quests (Fight, Encounter, DozoR, Brainstorm). Exhibits prompt answers, and you will make important discoveries for themselves! Game - it is not a passive tour, and an interactive journey through the pages of history where things open to you its secrets. Time of game 1 - 1.5 hours. All cultural events are held by appointment only. In the museum you can buy souvenirs: calendars, postcards, notepads, magnets and more.
The museum has an active research activities, organizes and conducts conferences, readings, round tables. The results of the research work, restoration activities are displaying publications, museum publications, presentations, etc.
Photo - National Historical Museum of the Republic of Belarus
Exposure - National Historical Museum of the Republic of Belarus
- ”Ancient of Belarus” Collection "Archeology primitive", "Archaeology of the Middle Ages," "Military uniforms and equipment", "Documents", "Maps. Plans. Schemes", "Ceramics", "metal", "Musical Instruments", "numismatics", "Sphragistics" , "traditional culture", "Faleristika." The exhibition "ancient Belarus" covers the period of Russian history from the Neolithic to the nineteenth century. It tells the story of the original population of the territory of our country, the emergence of tribal alliances and Krivichy Dregovichy, the emergence of the first on the territory of Belarus state entities, the creation of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, the finding of Belarus in the Russian Empire. The exhibits tell about the first human settlements on our lands, their occupation, beliefs, the gradual development of civilization. Among them are priceless historical artifacts: a wooden plow in the I. BC, primitive art objects and decorations, chess pieces XII - XIII centuries., weapons, equipment, and more. A separate chapter deals with the history of the book industry in Belarus in XVI - XIX centuries., As well as the activities of the educator Skarina.
- ”History of Belarus XVI - XVIII centuries in portraits and heraldry” collection "Archeology of the Middle Ages", "Military uniforms and equipment", "Precious metals and stones", "Documents", "Maps. Plans. Schemes", "Numismatics" "Sphragistics", "Books, pamphlets, booklets", "Faleristika". The exhibition tells about the period of the Commonwealth. Presented in the hall paintings are collected in original gallery - leaders and prominent figures of the state, the clergy, the nobility. In the ancestral portraits galleries and depend Radziwill complete pedigrees, made on the basis of the latest research. The hall is divided into two parts, one to be a kind of gallery Zawisza, Radziwill part of the gallery, as well as a collection of weapons, glass and porcelain. In the second - the portraits Radziwill, image kings and famous political, religious figures of the state, including Constantine Ostrog, Stefan Batory, Lev Sapieha, Georgi Konisskogo, Tadeusz Kosciuszko, etc. Immediately available collections of numismatics and sphragistics. Rare samples of weapons and firearms emphasize the masculine traits of the characters depicted on the "Sarmatian" portraits. Articles of precious porcelain, fine wine glasses and wine glasses made of glass give an idea about the development of manufacturing luxury goods. In the exhibition you can see the female attire rich in Vitebsk city woman XVIII, In addition, visitors have the opportunity to pay tribute to the skill of modern reconstruction of ancient heraldry coats of arms (author of artist A.Levchika). The primary and dominant part of the exhibition is the portrait painting. All information provided by museum objects: paintings, costumes, weapons, documents, books, small plastic, luxury - have a high historical and artistic value.
- ”Reflections of military glory (European weapons and army uniforms XIX - early XX century) Collection: "The military clothing and equipment", "Cold steel", "Firearms", "Ammunition". The exhibition displays the development of military affairs for the 150-year period from the time of the Napoleonic Wars to the end of the Second World War. The exhibition has provided about 100 units of knives (infantry and cavalry swords and cutlasses, Cossack drafts, cold steel boarding fleet, etc.), and 60 firearms (rifles and pistols with silicon and capsular locks, rifles, sub-machine guns, etc. ), rare examples of army clothing and equipment (uniforms and frachnyh polukaftany, shako, caps, etc.). Most of the items on display for the first time. A separate section of the exhibition - the memorial dedicated significant Soviet military leaders during World War II (G.K. Zhukov, N.E. Chibisov), including natives of Belarus (A.I. Antonov, A.S. Demeshkevichu, B.A. Pigarevichu, L.V. Greenwald-Mukho), who made a significant contribution to the overall victory.
- ”Art in the urban culture of the XIX - early XX century” Collection: "Devices. Devices", "Precious metals and stones", "Documents", "Maps. Plans. Schemes", "ceramics", "Books, pamphlets, booklets", "furniture", "metal", "Musical Instruments", "Periodicals", "Tara. label. Package", "Philately", "Fonopamyatniki", "Documentary photographs", "Clock". The exhibition touches the historical and cultural aspects of Belarusian towns of the said period. For the nineteenth century. characterized by a great interest in the humanities, literature, and art. This defined the style of the era and is a great place to participate in visual arts, music, theater in the city's culture. On canvas paintings and graphic works can be seen on the historical events and phenomena that occur in a given era, those people who played a role in history. Visitors have the opportunity to get acquainted with the history of the art of photography, professional theater, music in Belarus, to trace the development of urban fashion, the tradition of leisure. Many of the historical collection of the National Museum of the Republic of Belarus were reflected in this comprehensive exhibition: works of fine and applied art, photographs, posters, greeting cards, musical instruments, art glass and more. Convincing given the modernist style that prevailed in the aesthetics of the time: furniture, tapestries, porcelain. A large part of the exposition devoted to Western European Art: works of drawing, painting, sculpture, made by artists in France, Italy, Germany and Holland. All are decorated life of citizens, were carefully stored descendants. The exhibition provided materials related to the life and work of well-known representatives of Belarusian culture and history of the family Bogdanovich R.Yanovskogo surgeon, athlete V.Sokaldzinskogo, Earl K.Chapskogo, as well as works Yu.Pena, Ya.Kryugera, and N.Ordy other. Much of the material relates directly to the history of the city of Minsk.
- ”Treasures of Belarus” Collection: "Precious metals and stones", "numismatics", "Faleristika", "Arts and Crafts". Exposure is scientifically processed coin and coin-flea complexes of almost all historical periods: the Roman denarius III - IV century, the treasure of jewelry VI - VII centuries from the ancient settlement "Vyspiansky Mountain" treasure coins and clothing to the end of the IX century Brilevskoje field, the famous "Time Vytautas" - a monument toreutics the XIV - XV century, found near the village of Lithuania Maladzechna area coin treasure the beginning of the XVIII century village Samarovichi, Ming coins and treasure duffel end of the 1910s, and others. Hidden away in a secret place, a treasure in the past was considered a normal way of keeping money or valuables, a kind of safe in troubled times. Today it is tangible evidence of historical events and processes, an important source of knowledge for historians, coin collectors. Not only the monetary system of the country and its laws, the evolution is reflected in hoards, but also international contacts in the field of politics, economy and culture. Sometimes they are able to talk about the tragic fate of their owners. Several of them - accidentally lost, others were in as a sacrifice to the gods to appease them and to seek protection in commercial and military affairs. Coin hoards - the most common finding in Belarus. However, there are also coins and flea treasures, which include jewelry, religious items, dishes. In Meeting of the National History Museum of the Republic of Belarus 117 treasures that reflect the history of trade and economic relations and the money in the Belarusian lands from the time of Roman influences III - IV century to the early twentieth century, from a geographical point of view, covering almost the entire territory of Belarus. many of these artifacts are included in the the list of historical and cultural heritage of the Republic of Belarus.
Schedule National Historical Museum of the Republic of Belarus
- Administration 09:00 - 18:00 weekend Saturday, Sunday
- Cash 10:00 - 18:30 without days off
- Exposure 11:00 - 19:00 without days off