Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of August 10, 1995 №440
Decision of the Cabinet of Ministers from August 10, 1995 №440 "On the creation of the National Park "Braslav Lakes" and about some other issues concerning activities this park"
As of January 16, 2007
Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus
August 10, 1995 N 440
ON THE CREATION OF THE NATIONAL PARK "BRASLAV LAKES" AND ABOUT SOME OTHER ISSUES CONCERNING ACTIVITIES THIS PARK
In order to preserve unique ecosystems, effectively and more fully utilize the recreational potential of natural resources of the Braslav District and in accordance with the Scheme for the Rational Location of Protected Areas of the Republic of Belarus, the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus has DECIDED:
1. To accept the proposal of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection, Vitebsk Regional Executive Committee and the Administration of the President of the Republic of Belarus on the establishment on September 1, 1995 in the Braslav District of the Braslav Lakes National Park with its transfer to the jurisdiction of the Administration of the Affairs of the President of Belarus.
2. Approve the attached Regulations on the National Park "Braslav Lakes".
3. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection, together with the Office of the President of the Republic of Belarus and the Vitebsk Regional Executive Committee, within a month’s time, submit, in accordance with the established procedure, a draft legislative act approving the boundaries of the Braslavsky Lakes National Park.
4. To take into account that the Administration of the President of the Republic of Belarus in 1995-1996, together with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection and the Vitebsk Regional Executive Committee, will ensure the development of a technical project for the functioning of the National Park "Braslav Lakes" and approve it in due course.
5. To establish that before landowners, land users and owners of land plots of their land transfer to the Braslav Lakes National Park, they followthe mode of economic activity and rules for the protection of natural resources on these lands in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Belarus, the regulations and charters of the respective enterprises, institutions and organizations.
Prime Minister of
Republic of Belarus M.Chigir
Decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of
Republic of Belarus
dated August 10, 1995 N 440
about the National Park "Braslav Lakes"
1. National Park "Braslav Lakes" (hereinafter - the National Park) is a complex environmental, economic and research institution, whose tasks include:
preservation of the natural complex of the Braslav group of lakes as a historically established landscape and genetic fund of vegetation and wildlife typical of the Belarusian Lake Area;
organization of environmental education and education of the population;
conducting scientific research related to the development and implementation of scientific methods for the preservation of biological diversity, natural and historical-cultural complexes and objects in the conditions of recreational and economic use, assessment of the ecological situation in the region;
development and implementation of scientific methods of nature conservation and nature management;
preservation of cultural heritage (objects of ethnography, archeology, history, paleontology, etc.);
organization of recreational activities;
maintaining an integrated farm based on traditional methods and advanced environmental management.
2. The national park in its activities is guided by the legislation of the Republic of Belarus and this Decision.
3. National Park is a legal entity, has its own accounts in banks, an independent balance, a seal with the image of the State Emblem of the Republic of Belarus and with its name.
4. On the territory of the National Park, depending on the degree of preservation in the natural state of the natural territorial complexes, their health, scientific, recreational, historical, cultural, aesthetic value and the tasks assigned to the specified park, the following functional zones are distinguished:
4.1. conservation area designed to preserve the gene pool of flora and fauna, create conditions for the natural development of biogeocenoses and their integrated study. In this zone, all types of economic and other activities are prohibited, except for scientific research and the protection of natural complexes. Scientific work is carried out here only according to the research plan of the National Park;
4.2. zone of regulated use, which is an object for studying the restoration, dynamics of development and sustainability of ecosystems not disturbed by human activities, the effective implementation of science-based environmental measures to create optimal conditions for the preservation and evolutionary development of the gene pool of flora and fauna.
In this zone following is allowed:
conducting research and other activities necessary to preserve the entire biota of the park;
fire prevention measures (cleaning windfalls, windbreaks and dead wood), the creation of firebreaks and the mineralization of quarterly glades, the construction and repair of fire and tourist roads;
pest and forest disease control in case of their mass distribution;
felling of trees and selective sanitary felling;
amateur and sport fishing;
hunting and commercial fishing in the manner prescribed by law and with the consent of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection;
implementation of veterinary and sanitary, treatment-and-prophylactic and biotechnical measures in order to preserve the gene pool, as well as prevent diseases of wild animals;
feeding of ungulates (in extreme conditions);
carrying out on limited and specially designated areas of mowing, gathering berries and mushrooms, grazing, and other types of use necessary for the needs of citizens living in settlements located in the park;
4.3. recreational area designed to accommodate facilities and facilities necessary for recreation of the population, mass cultural and recreational activities, as well as organizing parking lots, setting up tents and making fires in the places provided for this (recreational facilities and tourist routes are provided for in the technical the functioning of the National Park).
Economic activities in this area should not adversely affect the landscapes, water bodies, flora and fauna.
In this zone of regulated use it is allowed to carry out work, as well as work on the care of the forest:
pruning, care for the undergrowth, thinning and removing undergrowth, leaving on the edges, felling of landscape formation, felling, re-forming and renewal of plantations;
4.4. economic zone designed to accommodate objects related to servicing visitors to the park, and administrative, recreational and household objects, residential premises, to conduct business and other activities that do not contradict the objectives of the National Park, using environmental protection technologies and traditional methods.
5. The areas of the National Park zones and their territorial location are established by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus on the basis of the technical design of the National Park.
6. The protection of natural complexes and objects located within the boundaries of the National Park is carried out by landowners, land users and owners of land plots on whose lands these complexes and objects are located.
7. On the territory adjacent to the National Park, by the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus, a protection zone is allocated with a special nature management regime regulated by this Regulation, designed to reduce the negative impact of economic use of adjacent territories on the natural complexes of the National Park. The lands of this zone remain in the possession, use and ownership of former landowners, land users and owners of land.
On the territory of the security zone are prohibited:
acclimatization of species and subspecies of forest plants and wild animals alien to the local flora and fauna;
water intake for economic purposes in an amount that leads to a change in the regime of water bodies, the discharge of wastewater and waste into them;
clearing of aquatic and coastal vegetation in water protection zones of rivers and reservoirs, with the exception of the existing ameliorative network;
economic activities that may have a negative impact on the natural complexes of the National Park.
8. National Park monitors compliance by landowners, land users and owners of land plots with environmental protection legislation and the environmental regime established by this Regulation on the lands of the National Park, as well as on protected area lands.
9. Scientific research in the National Park is organized and conducted by the scientific department.
Scientists and specialists from other institutions and organizations on the basis of contracts may be involved in scientific research and scientific and methodological work carried out in the National Park.
10. The leadership of the scientific and methodological work in the National Park is carried out by the Academy of Sciences of Belarus and the academic council of this park.
The composition of the academic council, its chairman, as well as the provision on this council are approved by the body in charge of the National Park, in coordination with the Academy of Sciences of Belarus. The Scientific Council is an advisory body to the director of the National Park.
The academic council includes leading scientists and specialists of the National Park, as well as leading scientists and experts in the field of environmental protection, forestry, representatives of environmental organizations and local governments.
At the meetings of the Academic Council, plans of forestry, fire-prevention, sanitary, recreational, biotechnical and other measures are developed and approved by the Director of the National Park, taking into account scientific recommendations, the technical design of the National Park, and other issues related to the park's activities.
11. The activities of the National Park are financed from the state budget, extrabudgetary funds for environmental protection, as well as funds received from scientific, environmental, economic and other activities that do not contradict the objectives of the National Park, and voluntary contributions from businesses and individuals.
12. Employees who protect the National Park enjoy all the rights and privileges provided for employees of the state forest guard.
13. National Park is headed by a director who manages this park on the basis of current legislation and this Regulation.
Director of the National Park is appointed and dismissed in accordance with the current legislation.
The structure and staff of the National Park are approved by the director of this park in accordance with the size and the wage fund established by the authority in charge of the park.
14. National Park makes claims to businesses and individuals for damages caused by the violation of the environmental management regime established by this Regulation.
15. The damage caused to the National Park as a result of violation of the legislation of the Republic of Belarus on specially protected natural territories and objects is fully compensated by legal entities and individuals.
16. Losses caused to landowners, land users and owners of land plots while limiting their economic activities or withdrawing land from them in connection with the creation of the National Park are reimbursed in accordance with the law.
17. Persons guilty of violating the requirements of these Regulations, as well as environmental legislation, are administratively or criminally liable in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Belarus.