News : «Gukanne vyasny» in Strochitsy
«Gukanne vyasny» in Strochitsy22-March-2021
«Gukanne vyasny» is an ancient folk holiday associated with the awakening of nature and inviting spring. The arrival of spring was always long-awaited, and the well-being of the peasant largely depended on its meeting, therefore the holiday was celebrated with great joy and trepidation.
The event is scheduled from 14.00 to 15.30. Visitors and participants of the event will be able to:
- get to know the tradition of inviting spring;
- do themselves birds (a symbol of the arrival of spring);
- listen to traditional spring songs from folk groups;
- take part in spring ceremonies;
- dance round dances;
- dance Belarusian dances;
- visit an exhibition of clay birds from the museum collection;
- buy souvenirs from folk craftsmen;
- visit «Belarusian Karchma», which is located on the territory of the museum.
And the culmination of the holiday will be the burning of a wheel on a raft launched along the river.