Minsk Town HallTo book a tour
Minsk City Hall - an architectural monument of XVI-XIX centuries on the Freedom Square. The original Town Hall was built of wood, in the late XVII century, was rebuilt in stone. Travellers and scholars from different countries who visited Minsk in the eighteenth - nineteenth centuries., Celebrated the beauty and uniqueness of its main square. The building stands in the center of the town hall square. City Hall - a symbol of the city government. Translated from the German means «house of assembly». In 1857 year, the town hall under the decree of the king”s powers were destroyed.
The building was restored in 2002-2003 years. It is an accurate replica of original buildings of the XVIII century that was built in the style of classicism. The restored building is crowned 32-meter high clock tower and the city emblem, depicting the ascension of the Virgin.reveal all text