Complex of a Jesuit kollegium in MstislavlTo book a tour
Jesuit Monastery in Mstislavl was founded in 1690. As part of
it there are preserved church of St. Michael Archangel, the building of colleagues, pharmacies, service buildings , as well as fencing and chapel.
Stone Jesuit church of St. Michael Archangel - one of the main dominant of the town, is a monument of Baroque . Its construction began in 1730 by support King Sigismund III. Work was slow and onlyin 1748under the leadership of Benedict Mezmera church was finally completed.
After the suppression of the gentry revolt in 1830 - 1831a former monastery builgings passed to Orthodox and church was closed. In 1842 the Jesuit church was reconstructed and converted into Orthodox St. Nicholas Cathedral.
After World War II Jesuit Monastery was a cultural center, after a boarding school for deaf children. Modern reconstruction of brilliant architectural monument began in 2000, but then rebuild stopped and not resumed to this day. In 2010 a boarding school for the deaf has moved to another location. Now Jesuit monastery buildings are empty.